Nice Horseradish Chicken with Sauteed Garlic Spinach

I'm going to go on a tangent today.  I think you might get a giggle, if you read along. 


Nice.



I was thinking about what makes somebody nice.  This is a "nice" man.



What prompted this line of thinking? When I went shopping the other night, there were 2 beautiful black labs sitting outside, and a man walked past, put out his hand, and gave them both a pat as he walked in.  This prompted me to think that it would almost be impossible for this man not to be nice.  He is kind.  He is kind to animals.

Also, this man is nice to his wife



And, back to shopping with the 2 black labs waiting outside, because this is Portland, on my way out of the store, as I was heading back to my car, a homeless man started barking madly at the dogs, trying to scare them.  Now, that's not nice.

Oh, and this is Portland.


Really.  If you haven't been to Portland, they aren't joking!  This is SERIOUS.

But, back to nice... and food... this horseradish chicken dish is nice.  I mean, really nice.  I made it while I was visiting my family in Australia, and I made it from the cookbook 1000 best-ever recipes from AWW (Australian Women's Weekly).  And WOW, was it nice.  So nice, I had to buy the cookbook when I landed back in Portland, and make it for my husband.  Delicious!

Nice Horseradish Chicken

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 x 200 g chicken breast
  • 1 green onion (I used 2 small red pearl onions)
  • 2 tablespoons dry white wine
  • 2/3 cup cream
  • 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon finely cut dill
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 600 grams (about 4 cups) trimmed spinach, cut coarsely

Directions
For chicken:
1) Heat half the oil in a frying pan; cook chicken until cooked through.  Remove from pan; cover to keep warm
2) Heat remaining oil in the same pan.  Cook onion, stirring until soft/  Add wine; bring to the boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half.  ADd cream; bring to the boil.  REduce heat; simmer uncovered about 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.  Add horseradish, lemon juice, mustard and dill stir over heat until heated through

For Spinach:
1) met butter n large saucepan.  Ad garlic; cook, stirring 2 minutes.  Add spinach; cook over low heat, covered, about 2 minutes or until wiled

Serve chicken and spinach drizzled with sauce. YUM!

Comments