Anyone out there love a sausage roll?
And you've got dinner for me and the kids.
No more needs to be said, except that my son wants them for lunch tomorrow.
Angie's Sausage Rolls
Adapted from Donna Hay's Modern Classic 1
1 lb of sausage mince
2 sheets of already rolled puff pastry
1/4 cup worcestershire shire sauce
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1 egg for mixture
1 egg yolk for coating puff pastry and sesame seeds to sprinkle
Angie's additions: (chuck in whatever sounds good to you, or not!)
1/2 bunch of chopped spinach
roasted red bell pepper, carrot and sweet potato, chopped
|One for me, one for the kids|
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
1) Mix all the ingredients together except the puff pastry and the egg yolk that will coat it
2) Slop the mince mixture onto the flattened puff pastry (like photo above)
3) Roll and cut the sausage rolls
4) Cover the puff pastry with the egg yolk and sesame seeds
5) Cook for 30 minutes until meat cooked well and puff pastry golden