Cinnamon Roasted Vegetables



Making up for the vast consumption of candy last night, I'm feeling the need for some very healthy vegetables.  I've put a sumptous smelling corned beef in the crock pot, and now it is time to think about what I will serve with this slab of meet.

I have drooled all over the Green Kitchen Stories blog, but have yet to try any of their recipes, so I thought I would give this one a whirl.  At first, I was a little dubious about cinnamon and garlic together, but this recipe actually made me craving more! I'm not even joking.  This recipe is amazing.

Cinnamon Roasted Vegetables 
Adapted from Green Kitchen Stories blog

Ingredients
Seasonal vegetables (parsnips, sweet potatoes, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots... whatever takes your fancy at the time)
2 garlic cloves - minced or "mashed with the end of a knife"
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
A few cinnamon sticks
salt

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheint
2. Grab your seasonal roast vegetables





3. I peel your carrots and parsnips, if you have them in your selection of vegetables, 




4. then halved the parsnips, and cut the tops of the carrots



 I found 3 asparagus in the fridge, so popped off their ends, and kept the potatoes whole.

5. Mince the garlic, toss it over the vegetables in a baking dish, add the olive oil, and sprinkle the cinnamon, including the cinnamon sticks.






6. Pop it in the oven, and roast until they all look golden and delicious.  My brocolli cooked a little faster than the parsnips and the potatoes, so I took them out a few minutes before the other vegetables, and next time, I will put them into the oven a little later.  


7) Yum. My husband said he has never liked parsnips, but really liked this!  This recipe is out of this world!

Comments