Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Despite the rain, it is impossible for me not to love fall in Oregon.

Fall in Oregon means hundreds upon hundreds of orange globes lying in black and gray fields, with yellows and reds splashed on trees and a grey sky background.  Breathtaking.

Our now 3 year long tradition of going to pick our very own pumpkins, with "gumboots" adorned (Aussie slang for rainboots), is one I'm very happy to adopt, and I'm delighted that my children have this experience.  It is very sweet, fall in Oregon.

With pumpkins, comes carving, And, my favorite part of carving pumpkins is eating their roasted innards.  Here is my quick and easy way to do that.

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients
Seeds of a pumpkin
Salt

Directions

1) Find your perfect pumpkin in a field

2) Open the top, and scrape the insides completely.  I dump them into a bowl, ready for rinsing.



3) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit

4) Wash the flesh and string away from the seeds


The seeds float to the top, while the stringy, fleshy part sinks to the bottom.  Cool stuff!



5) Place the seeds now unencumbered by flesh into a bowl. Coat the seeds in salt.  Lots of salt.

6) Have random seeds that missed the bowl delight your two year old child




7) Place onto baking pan, single layer only

8) Cook for about 45 minutes, until cruchy and delicious



9) Enjoy

Comments